TELEHEALTH with RMC/RMA
Request a Telemedicine or In-Person Appointment with your Rice Medical Associates Provider
In order to request an appointment at RMA-EL or RMA-EB, please follow the three instructions below:
- Fill out this form and press SUBMIT
- Please wait for a member of the RMA staff to confirm your appointment. (via phone or email)
- Once confirmed, follow instructions by staff:
- For Telehealth visits; in the email you receive from “email@example.com”, Click the “TEST MY DEVICE” link to assure compatibility, Click the “JOIN VISIT” link , answer a few questions and get started
- For In Person visits, call clinic to let staff know you have arrived; provide cell phone number and stay in vehicle; you will be called when nurse is ready; meet nurse at front entrance; temperature will be taken at door; (if screening is successful), you will be escorted directly to your treatment room.
Beginning in March 2015, we instituted a Telemedicine (Telehealth) program by which we provided primary care services to rural school districts and remote locations.
A Telehealth visit is a two-way video visit between the patient and the provider, enabling patient access to clinical healthcare from a distance. Through our HIPAA compliant Rice Telemedicine Platform, Rice Medical Center and Rice Medical Associates provides healthcare to patients by eliminating the hurdles of distance.
Rice Telemedicine program provides local access to specialists across the state (or anywhere with an Internet connection). These include Primary Care, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Cardiology, Geriatrics and Pediatrics within our clinic-based, school-based and long-term care-based programs.
One of our long-term telemedicine partnerships has been providing primary care and urgent care services to the residential Texas ChalleNGe Academy.
We look forward to the future of Telemedicine and the advantages that it will afford our community.
September 2016, Psychiatric services were added to our telemedicine offerings when Dr. Prashant Gajwani, MD, joined our team. Dr. Gajwani is a board-certified psychiatrist and medical director of the Solace Center in Sugarland, TX.